Search This Blog

Thursday 24 November 2016

Sprout Game - Finished

Today we finally got the Sprout Game finished. I worked on the Unity scenes for the last 2 weeks to bring the game together, adding the dialogue, compiling the backgrounds, making sure the platforms are working properly and that the levels are linked together in the correct formats. There were a lot of things that I had to get help for, such as the dissapearing bit of ground when the player triggers it, the water drop health pickups, and also collecting the Sprouts which add to the score.

There were a lot of things I had to fix up today right before our presentation, such as the video files not working but that was just because I didn't have Quicktime installed. Also one of the backgrounds wasn't showing up in the build but that was because for some reason it had an animation controller on it.

After everything was finished and put together we did our presentation and got some good feedback. There are some things I would like to fix if I get the time in the holidays. I noticed in the play through some of the backgrounds in the parallax didn't match up, so that would have to be fixed. Also I would like to spend some time making the backgrounds blend together much better, because at the moment there are some discrepancies where they don't match up. There are also some issues in some parts of the layers with sorting layers some layers of backgrounds flickering over others.
I would also spend some time changing the dialogue boxes to look nicer, add avatars to the characters that are talking, and some particles to the backgrounds in the scene. I would add ashes or smoke to the dead scene and leaves or flowers blowing in the breeze to make it look nicer.

Overall though I'm happy with how it turned out in the end. There's a lot that could be one to improve it in several ways, but with the time constraint we had this is what we came up with. :)
I had a lot of fun painting the environments for the game and seeing it in the game was really satisfying after working on it and being happy with how it looks.

Yay Team Sprout!

No comments:

Post a Comment